Announcing our Potential DISTANCE Season: a new programme of work despite and because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
This winter we are seeking possibilities for live performance in the idea and realities of distance. What does it mean to gather, to participate, to witness? What theatre do we need at a time when, to keep each other safe and well, we must keep physically distant? What should theatre do right now?
While we still have more questions than answers, over the past six months we have found ourselves starting work on projects in new and unexpected ways, with an amazing and expanding group of artists.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but today, we are thrilled to announce...
- Our first outdoor, site-specific, socially-distanced performance
- Our first education project for young people
- Our first filmed workshop series for making theatre at home
- Our first artistic-academic collaboration that will feed directly into a research output
- And....the launch of our new Helpdesk, offering free technical advice for online performance and collaboration in real time.
Explore the programme below!
SIGNAL FIRES: The Actors' Church
You are a puppeteer
The PD Helpdesk!
The PD Helpdesk
And in R&D
DIGITAL NATIVES - What a difference almost a year makes! Back in January, we began work on developing a new form of live, online performance borrowing from immersive theatre, TV and transmedia storytelling (who knew that just a few months later that wouldn't feel so niche...). A small team of writers, gamers and dramaturgs came together for a one-week residency, suppported by The Lowry, Salford. This winter, the Digital Natives writers will reconvene to put together early prototypes for how audiences might influence the action of a live scene that plays out online. We hope to share them with you soon.